7.2.05

The groom will not be sporting a Zoot

Last month, while Daniel and I were waiting for my dreadful departure, he held me tight and said, “If the Eagles win the Super Bowl, I’ll wear a zoot suit to our wedding.”

“What?”

“If the Eagles win the Super Bowl, I’ll wear a zoot suit to our wedding.”

I didn’t really know what to say at the time because I was overwhelmed with gloom, but when I got back home and settled in, I made sure I had heard correctly. I had indeed. In fact, he had told his family, so they were all hoping the Eagles would win. Everyone wanted to see the white boy in a zoot suit, but I guess that won’t be happening.

I didn't really want him to wear one. I used to just joke with him about it, especially because he doesn't see the zoot suit as a text. But in the end, it would have been kinda cool for him to wear one. Our kids would have been so embarrassed.

In other news, I met with my advisor this morning and have confirmed that on May 13th, 2005, I will be donning a black cap and gown. I submitted my graduation application just a few minutes ago. Fuckers charge you $25 for it.

I had one more thing to say, but I can’t remember what right now. Orale, ya me acrode.
Cindylu left a comment the other day about my fondness of George Strait, said us Texans were weird. I can accept that, but it’s all as a part of this sundry identity of mine.

Bueno a trabajar se dijo.

No comments: