8.3.06

Day 3

It’s day 3 of Spring Break. Funny how I’d be wishing it was Friday if it were any other week. At least when I get back, I work one full week and I'm off to "the camp that will change my life and make me nice." (The entire staff has been signed up to do a three day training in Round Rock, TX.) But after that, it's nose to the grindstone time. We don't have much longer until TAKS.
I'm heading out to Austin tomorrow. I'll be attending the WPA (Writers and Poets Association) conference. It should be fun. A lot of Latino faces will be there.
I suppose I should get back to cleaning. We're trying to get the place all spic and span before we head out to the park to fly kites. Monday we went to the zoo and it was one of the best days I've had in a long, long time. Anyway, foaming bubbles are waiting to be scrubbed onto the bathtub.

3 comments:

Msabcmom said...

Hope you have been enjoying your spring break. I have a favor to ask of you since I see that you are in Houston. My friend, s teacher, is planning on moving to Houston and is curious if there are bilingual or Spanish Dual immersion schools in Houston. If you know of any schools or districts in Houston that have either or both of these programs could you let me know? SHe is planning to visit Houston in April and wants to see some schools. THanks!
btw - I did try to e-mail you but for some reason I couldn't - sorry to leave this message on your comments. My e-mail is msabcmom@gmail.com

Thanks - Kelly

Diana Marie Delgado said...

I was in Austin too. I read at the Con Tinta reading. Did you make it out there? Lots & Lots of Latinos. Yeah!

Adri said...

how was the conference??