30.4.18

Paying It Forward

There isn't anything specific Jorge did like serving at a soup kitchen every Thanksgiving or donating X amount of money each year, but he was a generous guy. If he ever saw someone in need and he could help, he did. I remember him stopping to pick older people up from the side of the road because he was concerned about them walking for long distances in the desert heat. 


One of his dreams was to be able to go to a grocery store around Christmas and pay for everyone's order. Perhaps he remembered how trying that time of the year was for our mom and I'm sure for him too all those years he worked two jobs and went to school full time. 

Since he won't ever get to do this, I feel like it's my duty to pay it forward for him. His birthday was August 26th, so I've decided that on the 26th of each month, I'm paying it forward for Jorge. I can't think of a better way to honor such a wonderful guy. 

This month, I paid it forward by helping out a family member. Because that person might be embarrassed, I'm not sharing what I did. But they were surprised, and I think I did help them. 😊

No comments: